BEHAVIOURAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
|Job Title:||Behavioural Management Consultant|
|Work Site:||Vancouver Community – Deaf/Well Being Program|
|Status:||Regular Full Time – (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date:||JUL 03, 2017|
|Salary:||$32.39 – $40.40 per hour|
|Hours:||08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday|
In this role you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary community mental health team providing treatment and consultation according to best practices for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf-Blind children, adults and older adults experiencing a severe behavioural, social and/or emotional, or environmental problems.
- Clients may have concurrent developmental, language and/or neurodevelopmental needs.
- Perform behavioural assessments, and develops and implements individualized treatment plan in collaboration with team to address challenging behaviours and/or environmental stressors to improve client’s quality of life.
- Provide interventions, often by outreach, including functional assessments, treatment/intervention planning, family and care team education, individual supportive counselling, and parent/caregiver groups.
- Establish and maintains relationships based on respect; initiates and participates in case meetings; collaborates, consults, and provides support to colleagues; provides consultative services with client’s healthcare team and other community resources; and aids client and family access to services.
- Participate in team meetings, continuing education, conferences, and/or corporate initiatives and engages in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities.
Please go to VCH Career Postings to get more details and to apply.