Community Mental Health Clinician – Adult
- Full Time
|Job Title:||Community Mental Health Clinician 2 – Adult|
|Deaf Well-Being Program (WBP), Mental Health Services – Burnaby, BC|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$35.65 – $44.56 per hour|
|0830 – 1630
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays
Come work as a Community Mental Health Clinician 2 – Adult with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Mental Health Clinician with a Master’s Degree in a Behavioural Science to join the Mental Health Services team, Burnaby, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Mental Health Clinician 2 – Adult, you will:
- Provide client care to the seriously mentally ill adult population and who are at risk due to a combination of psychiatric symptoms, complex medical/social factors or significant caregiver stress.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Recovery, Strength, Respect, Resilience
Vancouver Coastal Health Mental Health and Addictions Services is committed to collaborating with consumers and families to build on strengths, talents and interests in order to foster a community of hope, growth and self-determination.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in an Behavioral Sciences.
- Three (3) years post Master’s, or equivalent and relevant years of pre Master’s psychiatric experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice within a client centered approach to the adult population.
- Sound knowledge of crisis intervention and community resources.
- Demonstrated psychiatric assessment, counseling, and case co-ordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in the writing of reports, correspondence and other documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing workload.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- A willingness to work in a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to prepare case summaries and clinical records.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
To apply, please click on the “Apply at VCH Careers” blue button on top and click on “Apply Now” blue button on VCH Careers website.