Administrative Support & Web Content Assistant – Casual
|Job Title:||Administrative Support & Web Content Assistant|
|Work Site:||Deaf Well-Being Program – Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$24.00 – $26.26 per hour|
Come work as a Administrative Support & Web Content Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Administrative Support Assistant to join the Deaf Well-Being Program in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Administrative Support & Web Content Assistant you will:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support.
- Perform duties including, but not limited to:
- typing/formatting technical and non-technical materials,
- reporting and minutes utilizing advanced word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation computer software skills,
- maintaining on-line databases and setting up and updating the departmental website.
- Screen and prioritize incoming materials/requests, take follow-up action when required; manage schedules and arrange meetings, arrange and book meeting rooms for multiple purposes and act as a receptionist.
- Maintain timekeeping records, maintain and order stationary as needed, ensure equipment maintenance, prepare cheques requisitions, set up filing systems, compile statistics and engage in on-going team planning and quality improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, supplemented with an Office Administration Certificate, plus three (3) years’ recent related experience that includes work in website maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven ability to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients, volunteers and the public.
- Ability to use, and fluency in, American Sign Language and other communication modes appropriate to the deaf.
- Strong knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proven ability in time management skills and with the ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes.
- Knowledge of basic web based content management systems / applications
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently with minimal direction, problem solve, take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in cooperation with others within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in handling and disclosing of sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proven advanced word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation skills with current software applications (Excel, Word, Access).
- Ability to keyboard at 5000 strokes per hour.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to perform relevant calculations.
- Ability to compile information.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
To apply, please click on the “Apply at VCH Careers” blue button on top and click on “Apply Now” blue button on VCH Careers website.