Current Workshops and Groups
The Well-Being Program provides workshops, presentations and groups primarily for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind individuals (and their family members) that focus on empowerment, self-development, and life skills enhancement.
Workshops, groups and community education presentations are planned with and for consumers and professionals.
Goals of Workshops, Groups and Presentations:
The goals for these community and psycho-educational workshops, groups and presentations are to provide participants and consumers with:
1) the opportunity to learn tools that they can use and apply to their everyday life and when facing challenging personal situations.
2) information that provides them with choices for support systems and resources in the greater community with regards to their personal issues. For example, learn about other services that Well-Being Program offers, such as therapy or support groups. Additionally, participants can identify other professional support resources for their specific situations.
Community members obtain information in an interactive format on a wide variety of topics. Topics range from psycho-educational topics related to and ranging from, with examples provided:
1) mental health: depression; stress; anger; mood disorders
2) community-building: ie. gossip yes, gossip no; strong and healthy communities
3) see-as-needed topics (from the mental health team) that are tied with emotions or mental health, ie. Alzheimer’s & Dementia; clutter/hoarding; money skills; friendships; boundaries; scams; healthy living: eating & exercising, etc.
All topics up to date were decided with consumers and professionals from the community, through surveys, staff/mental health professionals’ observations of common trends among clients and the community in whole
Ideas and feedback for future topics are always welcome. E-mail your ideas to the office.
We do offer livestreaming for some workshops. Please contact the office to find out which workshops will be live-streamed.
See the calendar for dates, times and locations. If the words are blue, it means there is a link attached so you can click on blue font for more information.
Drop-In Coffee Group – Wednesdays
We have the weekly coffee group on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 pm. Everyone is welcome! There will be coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Drop-In Counselling – Thinking about Counselling? Have Questions? No appointment is needed for drop-in.
If you want to register as individual or with group, email us!
For more information about the purpose of Naloxone in response to Fentanyl and overdose crisis, you can check out our ASL videos about Fentanyl.